Monday, December 10, 2012

Mr. Mom

So today was fun for Matt....but not really

Since Matt was getting done at 9am today I figured he could watch Seth and I could have that extra 10-15 minutes for getting ready.  Matt agreed to this even though he was up all night (he may have been a little delusional from lack of sleep).  Now don't think of me as a bad mother because I leave my baby with delusional people...this is daddy so it's ok because I have seen him wake up from deep sleep for this child.

Anyways, I was getting ready for work and Seth basically slept the whole time.  So not only did I sleep in but I was also able to get some dishes done.  Now, I had to wake Seth up so I could change and feed him before I left.  He practically slept through getting changed.  Luckily I was able to get some food in him.  I told Matt he was really tired so he might sleep for awhile....

I guess children at a young age like to prove their parents wrong....the moment I said that he woke right up... Matt says "don't leave him like this with me"...I told Matt don't worry he will go back to sleep....after giving love to all my boys (Kona included) I went to work

Well today I had to turn in my time card...the second I turned it in I feel my phone vibrate and I assumed it was Matt....and I was right....the text message read....

"Please hurry! This was a bad idea"

(I wasn't the first person he sent this to...he sent it someone else in his phone, just goes to show how tired he was)

I chuckled to myself and called Matt.  I asked him what was going on and I could here Seth in the background crying as Matt is telling me he doesn't know what to do.  So we go through the list together: Fed, burped and changed.  Plus on top of that, Kona keeps putting his face in Matt's trying to tell him he needs to go outside for potty (that or he wants him to shut Seth up).  On top of it all, Matt finishes his list with "and I'm so tired."

All I say is well now you know what happens to me and I'll be home in ten minutes.  I told him give Seth some gripe water and he should be fine until I get there.

As soon as I got off the phone I had to share this laugh with someone....so who did I call "MY DAD!"

AND WE LAUGHED!  (Don't worry...situation was diffused when I got home)

No comments:

Post a Comment