I assumed it would last a week, 2 weeks tops. I'm pretty sure it's been about 3 and half weeks now. I kept telling people he wakes up every hour and I assumed I was exaggerating a bit. Last night I tested it.
BACKGROUND INFO
This really doesn't just start last night, it starts the night before.
So I wasn't getting any sleep and Seth woke up about 6:30 and I didn't have to be up until 8. Luckily I got him to sleep, well sort of. He woke me up about 10 minutes before my alarm, so I figured I would nurse him back to sleep and get about 15 more minutes of sleep. He was asleep but not really. His eyes are shut but he is awake enough to know when I put the binkie to his mouth. So after hitting snooze twice and not sleeping, I decided to get up and get ready. As I was getting dressed, Seth just laid on my spot and watched and continually smiled at me. I left briefly to put my hair up and when I came back in the room I was shocked.
SETH WAS ASLEEP! But he had his eyes barely open enough to see me and follow me for about 5 seconds before he shut his eyes and smiled.
HYPOTHESIS
- Doesn't sleep in co-sleeper because it's uncomfortable?
- Likes our bed because it is comfortable?
- He does like to hang out in crib for a bit, so could sleep in it?
THE TEST
Before going to work I talked to Matt about making some changes to our house. I was putting the co-sleeper away and moving the crib to our room. This meant moving dressers and cribs and sliding the bed over a bit. I was completely motivated by the idea I might actually get sleep tonight. So not only did I get both rooms rearranged and organized a bit more, I got the laundry folded and put away.
After nursing him and singing him to sleep, Seth went to sleep in his crib some time between 10p.m. and 11p.m. So I knew time was limited, I ate and then Matt and I read scriptures and I was fast asleep. While I was sleeping, I heard Seth get up a few times but Matt took care of him and put him back to sleep (he was up anyways playing games). Around 4a.m., I told Matt to bring him to me so I could nurse him and that's about when Matt came to bed. At 4:30 Seth was back asleep and in his crib. I got back to bed at 4:45 after I ate.
DATA
I thought I might actually check to see how often Seth was waking up so I looked at the clock (which I never do) to get an accurate timeline. Now between 11 and 4 Matt said he woke up 3 times so I don't have accurate times for that period. From the time I had him: 4, 5:22, 6:37, 7:40, 8:57...yep that's how many times he woke up.
RESULTS
Seth after a night like that!
Me after a night like that.
FUTURE PREDICTIONS
- I'm not going to get sleep for a long LONG time
- naps will become extinct
- I will most likely fail at any other attempts to get sleep
CONCLUSION
I'M SCREWED!
Lol I love this post! I'm so proud! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm learning :)
ReplyDelete