Well, I haven't been changing Seth in the middle of the night any more because he seems to be OK making it through the night. However, the other day I felt bad because his diaper was super full (just pee) and I wouldn't want to sleep in that so I told myself I would change him at least once if it was bad during the wee hours.
So, I was nursing him to get him back to sleep, when I noticed it was enough for a changing. I figured I would wait until he was done on one side so he was at least somewhat content when I changed him. He was acting a little strange though while I was nursing him. He kept stopping and grunting. I assumed it was gas because he doesn't really poop any more during sleepy time. Well I was wrong this time. He pooped. I just kept letting him nurse though because he seemed to be done being interrupted and I still wanted him to be somewhat content for changing. Well...
That all changed when I felt something wet on his back. I quickly turned on the lamp and noticed the big yellowness on his back and instantly started to search our bed for the same yellowness. By this point Matt was somewhat awaken from the light but he was really awake when I said "HURRY RIP THE SHEETS OFF BEFORE IN SINKS THROUGH TO THE NEXT!"
Yep...Seth pooped our bed. Luckily it only really was on the top sheet. So after ripping the top sheet off and carefully taking care of Seth and putting him into new PJ's, Matt and I were able to go back to sleep.
The kicker of this story is that, we went to bed late (Matt went later than me) and Matt had to be up at 5am for his girls basketball team he is coaching. This all happened between 2:30 and 3:00 AM. Matt was happy to see though that he still had 2 more hours of sleep before he had to get up.
No comments:
Post a Comment