Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Silence is golden, unless you have a child then it's suspicious

This morning Seth was awake from about 3:30 to 6:30 so that means I had to stay home from work. (Good because I don't have to work, bad because I don't make money). Being as how he was awake at such a ridiculous time in the A.M., I knew he was going to sleep in a bit today.  

Matt was wonderful enough to bring us doughnuts after he was do e teaching seminary. He left 3 for Seth and I to share when we actually got up. I woke up before Seth so I ate my doughnut, turned on the monitor, and headed down stairs for breakfast. 

I had been down stairs for awhile and I knew it was getting close to the time Seth usually wakes up. Being as how I didn't hear anything on the monitor and I was helping my dad with an email, I continued to stay down stairs and wait til I heard something.

It was probably just after ten when I heard a little something and thought I should probably check on him. 

This is what I found:

Not only had he eaten one doughnut but he was working on the other AND rummaging through the bag of Easter candy. When he saw me come in he handed me a small plastic egg and said something in his own language. If I were to translate, "look what I found!"

Well at least he left me a present in his pants and didn't eat the whole second doughnut. Just one of those moments where I couldn't say I was mad but impressed. My 18 month old fed himself breakfast and was willing to share when he saw me.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love it. He was hungry! It's fun to see him be more independent.

    ReplyDelete