Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Welcome to earth Karlee!

Well I figure since I blogged about Seth's delivery I should probably blog about Karlee's. Plus it's not like everyday I deliver a baby so it's probably something worth blogging.

Well...we definitely thought she was going to be here much earlier than she was...

When I went in for my 37 week check up the doctor said I was at phase 1, 75% effaced and 4 cm. 

A week later, she said she was going to be surprised if she saw us next week. She had said I was 6 cm dilated, which made Matt and I very excited.  That was May 5th when she said that...

She also said that once my contractions were organize it would be time for labor. So all I kept thinking was "how do I get my contractions organized?" Especially, since I had been having them for over two weeks.

May 14th, my contractions finally decided to get organize...well to an extent. The 511 rule had finally started to happen but it wasn't enough to convince me to go into the hospital.  For my birthday, Matt and I decided to go see Captain America 2 and during the entire movie I was experiencing regular organized contraction. Even though I was experiencing contractions every four minutes a minute long for over an hour, I could tell it wasn't going to happen.

The next day we decided to move my appointment from 2 o'clock to 930 because of the couple of intense contractions I had the night before and that morning. I had seen a different doctor and the doctor said I was 6 to 7 cm and they were going to hook me up to contraction monitor for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of monitoring, I was told I need to go to the hospital and they already called labor and delivery. When Matt came to pick me up from the doctors I told him I didn't really want to go to the hospital because I knew it wasn't time. After a blessing, a Jamba Juice, and a store trip we headed to the hospital.

I felt like we were there for hours before they officially admitted me. After being there for about 4 hours my midwife came into my room and asked how I was doing. Apparently, "good" with a smile is the wrong answer when your in labor. ( or at least that's what she told me) so I asked her if there was something we could do to speed up the process.

So she broke my water...I almost instantly regretted that decision because it went from good to intense in about 20 minutes. The midwife kept trying to see how far I was dilated but it really didn't matter because she was basically crowning. My entire pregnancy, I was scared of labor because I didn't want to tear again.  Well I definitely did and it was much worst than with Seth which is ironic because Seth's head was so much bigger and he weighed more. Karlee came out so fast that she was purple for a bit which gave Matt and I a little scare. The nurse said I only pushed for about 5 minutes before she was out. Much faster than the 45 minutes I spent pushing Seth out. Also with Karlee I had much less control over my body, I never really felt the urge to push with Seth. With Karlee my body was in full control.

Just glad she is here healthy and that I can be skinny again. Still have some recovering to do with tearing and a gas bubble stuck where it shouldn't be but other than that doing ok for having 2 kids.

Matt was real excited to have his Karlee.
At this point I think Seth is under the impression it's temporary.

I gotta get used to the bows. 

Great depiction of the process thanks to Katie photos and Chris putting together a video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-mecqmhLPg

No comments:

Post a Comment