Well this is definitely one of those life changing days...
Matt
and I went to sleep at about 2:30am and I laid there for awhile trying
to get comfortable but I kept feeling tightness in my butt and back.
Being as how I couldn't sleep, I thought it would be a good idea to just
get up and try and get stuff done around the house until I got tired
enough to go to sleep. (Plus I was hungry and hunger out weighed
tiredness) I was able to get the bathroom clean, pay some bills, and
help Matt with his journal. At about six I started to feel tired but I
figured since I was going to be taking Matt to school in an hour or so I
might as well just stay up. [2:30a-6:00a]
I started watching T.V. and a Baby Story just so
happen to be on and the lady in labor was explaining what contractions
felt like. It was then that I thought "well...maybe I am having
contractions." Right after she delivered her baby, I felt this sharp
pain and then so sort of pop like feeling...so I ran to the bathroom
and....MY WATER BROKE (ironic... right?) [6:30a.m.]
I
go to wake Matt up..."Matt my water broke"...Now Matt is not a morning
person so if I ever want him to get out of bed quickly apparently I just
have to say those 4 words and he is up. While I showered up Matt had to
call a guy from his group so he could take the caramel apples from our
car (Matt's business for his class). After dropping off the apples, we
were on our way to the hospital and the contractions started to show
their ugly side. [7:00a]
Contractions are really
picking up quick. We get to the exam room and I'm told to put on a gown
and not go to the bathroom...RIGHT! Luckily they said could go because
I really had to go...even though I had gone like 20 times before we got
there. Right after I get my gown on my water breaks again or the rest
of it comes out...whatever you call it. She says she doesn't even need
to check that we need to just go to the delivery room. Apparently my
body knew this room meant we need to speed up the process and
contractions went into overdrive. We were in the room for about 10
minutes when she checked me and said I was 8cm. I was relieved because I
couldn't tolerate contractions much longer if I was only like 5cm.
(This is the point where Matt was completely in charge of my phone and I
lost track of time.)
TIME TO PUSH...Matt is of
course right next to me helping me...holding my leg...when our sons head
starts to be visible one of the nurses says "you are doing great
mom...dad you don't look so good"...when I turn to look at Matt mid push
he is pale white with one hand on his chest and the other holding my
leg...the nurse ended up having to bring him some apple juice and
crackers (he doesn't even like apple juice but he drank it). After
about 45-50 minutes of pushing...he finally came out (and boy did it
feel weird). The first thing Dr. Evans said was "Welcome to Earth."
Finally...I
get to hold my baby! The BEST feeling of the entire day and
experience. After he was out and cleaned up, Matt and I finally decided
to name him Seth Matthew Roberts. We were told on the Thursday before
this whole ordeal (it's Tuesday) by one of my doctors that he thought we
were going to have a small baby. NOPE! Seth weighed 8lbs 8oz and was
21 inches and he has really big feet (well for a baby). So apparently
for this being my first child, my labor and delivery were super fast and
Seth ended up being born at 9:12a. He was worth the entire experience.
I love him so much and am so blessed that I get to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment